Read More →
It’s the end of June, and we still have several weeks of summer fun left–but believe it or not, it’s already time to start thinking about our annual school supply drive! For the fourth year in a row, we will be collecting supplies for low-income families in our community, so that every child can head back to school with a full backpack and get their year of learning off to a great start!
And this year’s school supply drive is bigger and better than ever! We are once again collecting supplies for Auburn Middle School, and this year we’re partnering with our sister congregation (Auburn Presbyterian) to collect 30 sets of supplies! Each congregation will provide 15 full backpacks, and we will bless the bags and enjoy some fellowship time together at a joint worship service in August!
You can help by signing up to buy specific supplies (as always, sign-up sheets are in the church library!), or you can make a monetary donation toward the purchase of school supplies. Here are some important dates to remember:
JULY 22nd: Last day to bring supplies to church!
JULY 29th: Filling the backpacks together in worship!
AUGUST 5th: “Blessing of the Backpacks” with the Presbyterians, followed by a grill-out in the park!
AUGUST 8th: Celebratory UMC/Presbyterian pool party at Auburn Municipal Pool!
Help us make this the best school supply drive yet, and thank you so much for shining the light of God’s love for families here in Auburn!
Read More →
Auburn First United Methodist Church is looking for a part-time administrative assistant. This position requires excellent communication skills, computer proficiency (Microsoft Word and Excel are used frequently), and the ability to perform a variety of general office tasks.
This position is 20 hours/week, and starting salary is $11/hour. Benefits include several paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave, and a friendly working environment. Interested applicants may submit a resume by email to [email protected], or by mail/in person to 1205 L Street. Resumes must be received by Wednesday, October 11th to be considered!
Full job description is below:
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Pastor, SPRC, District, and Conference
- Greets visitors and answers phone in a friendly and sincere manner
- Creates all worship bulletins and weekly email newsletter
- Prepares mailings/emails from the pastor and other church leaders
- Maintains church calendar (keeps track of meetings, updates website calendar)
- Prepares Sunday worship slides (twice a month or more)
- Orders materials for administration and ministry
- Communicates with committees/committee chairs
- Prepares annual church conference materials in October
- Prepares church year-end statistical reports in January
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel will be used frequently)
- Basic computer troubleshooting skills
- Ability to quickly grasp new communication/worship software
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task